The first-time before any fancy treatment sounds daunting, especially if it is a lip-filler augmentation or injections for the first time. For all of those who are pretty much intimidated, here is our after-care guide.
Planning for the treatment
It is very much advisable to plan way before you are opting for the treatment. This is because:
- Though there are very short and minimal downtimes for most of the individuals, it also takes a pretty long time to understand the exact effects.
- There might be scenes of mild bruising or swelling, completely depending on how your body is responding to the augmentation treatment.
There might be variations occurring
- There might be differences seen from the first day to a few weeks after. This happens because of the brand of filler used and your anatomy.
- There might be cases where one injection would not do and your initial swelling might vanish away. This happens because your lip filler might get dissolved.
Stay well hydrated
- The results take weeks to show and this is because the fillers need adequate time to bind with the existing lip tissues.
- Some results will be evident within days of the treatment but the display of full results will take some definitive time. This also depends on a lot of factors.
- Hydration is a key aspect and crucial to get the finest results. Dehydration heavily impacts dermal filler treatments and can pose negative results.
- The treated cells draw water from your consumption and hence this is so important.
- Avoid strenuous exercises or heavily heated ambiences like steam rooms to not negatively affect the treatment.
- There might be visibility of a few red dots on your injected area that will also fade or disappear over a few days.
- Any serious concerns regarding redness or swelling or heat generation must be instantly consulted with your doctor.
Avoid flying too soon
- You must avoid moving your body too much or generating too much heat.
- Avoid flying just after your augmentation therapy. Changes in air pressure levels might tell upon your health.
- The impact of high movements or change in air pressure might lead to the scarcity of water levels in your body which you do not want to happen.
Clinicare lip fillers come with due instructions and safety guidelines for you to maintain sound health after undergoing the procedures.